European Investmentbank (EIB)
European Investment Bank Funding for SME Loans
Through an agreement with the European Investment Bank (EIB; www.eib.org) Anadi Bank is supporting small and medium sized businesses (SMEs), and small projects carried out by enterprises having less than 3 000 employees (MidCaps) by providing access to an invaluable source of lower cost finance and flexible repayment schedules.
The EIB is the long-term lending bank of the European Union; its task is to contribute towards the integration, balanced development and economic and social cohesion of the EU Member States.
What are the benefits for your Business?
Thanks to its best possible rating on the capital markets (AAA), the EIB can borrow funds on favourable terms, which it passes on to SMEs and MidCaps through us.
Who can apply for an EIB loan?
- Independent SMEs with less than 250 employees on a consolidated basis prior to investment based in one of the 28 EU Member States.
- Independent MidCaps with less than 3 000 employees on a consolidated basis prior to investment based in one of the 28 EU Member States
What can an EIB loan be used for?
The EIB loan can be used to finance all investments and expenditures that are incurred in the development of an SME or a MidCap i.e.:
- Tangible investments: purchases of plant and equipment, with some exceptions concerning land purchases.
- Intangible investments: particularly the expenditure involved in R&D, building up distribution networks in domestic or other markets within the EU, taking out or buying patents.
- Medium and long-term working capital requirements to re-establish businesses’ general liquidity ratio.
All economic sectors are eligible with few exceptions:
- Production of weapons and ammunition.
- Military or police equipment or infrastructures.
- Tobacco related industries.
- Activities involving testing on animals insofar as not in compliance with the “Council of Europe’s Convention for the Protection of Vertebrate Animals used for Experimental and other Scientific Purposes” or whose environmental impact cannot be mitigated or offset.
- Ethically or morally controversial sectors such as human cloning.
- Pure property speculation.
How to apply for an EIB loan?
Please contact our experts responsible for business clients to discuss if your business qualifies for funding supported by the EIB "Loans for SMEs" or EIB "Loan for MidCaps" scheme.
Extensive information related to the EIB Group support to SMEs and MidCaps can be found on EIB website www.eib.org.
With our experts responsible for business clients, you will have a strong, skilled and reliable partner at your side and you will benefit from our specialised knowledge and our network.